Awards and accolades
Awards of MMC Norilsk Nickel
- The world's largest nickel producer among private companies in Q1 2019, according to RIA Rating;
- Upgrade of Nornickel’s credit rating to Ваа3 (investment grade) by Moody’s, with the outlook raised from stable to positive;
- Top rankings in the annual Extel Survey of investors in the following categories: Metals & Mining, CEO for Investor Relations, CFOs best for Investor Relations, Best IR professionals.
- Winner of the Business Leaders: Environmental Expenses category by RAEX rating agency;
- Snob magazine’s “Made in Russia 2019” award in the Environment category (support of environmental activities and operations upgrade).
- President's Award for the successful construction of Bystrinsky GOK in the Trans-Baikal Territory (21 employees awarded);
- Reaffirmed leadership in the Responsibility and Transparency and Sustainable Development Vector indices from the Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs;
- First prize for the social investment programme in the Leaders of Corporate Philanthropy in the Sustainable Development Paradigm competition organised by the Russian Donors Forum, PwC and the Vedomosti newspaper;
- Forbes Global 2000: The World's Best Employers ranking (first among Russian companies, 36th among the top 2000 employers globally; the only Russian company to make it to the Top 100 list);
- No. 1 in the Forbes Russia Top 50 employers list;
- No. 1 employer in the metals and mining industry (Business and Engineering/ Natural Sciences) according to Universum’s global ranking of Russia's most attractive employers.
- Fourth place in the list of Russia’s Top 100 Employers by HeadHunter;
- No. 1 in the Digital Media & Tools category of the Digital Communications AWARDS (for the JoinUniversiada online contest);
- No. 2 in the Best Internal Communications Project category at InterComm 2019;
- HR Brand of the Year award by HeadHunter (third place in the Capital category with the online game Nickel Code);
- International WOW!HR accolade in the Be Cool category (for the Nornickel Contributes to Engineering Future project);
- GRADUATE AWARDS 2019 (second place for the Best Schoolchildren Engagement Programme);
- Russia’s Best Social Project award in the Improvement of Living Conditions and Sports and Healthy Lifestyle Promotion categories;
- Cannes Corporate Media & TV Awards (a silver award for Caring, a documentary about Nornickel volunteers);
- Third All-Russian Keyword award (winner in the Socially Responsible Business category).
- Winner of the Moscow Exchange's Annual Report Competition (the 2018 Sustainability Report named Best CSR and Sustainability Report);
- Russian Union of Industrialists and Entrepreneurs award for recognising compliance of corporate goals, objectives and results with the Sustainable Development Goals of the UN 2030 Agenda in the Company reporting;
- Visionaries. Change Management award (winner in the Best Environmental Impact Disclosure category);
- Vision Awards by the League of American Communications Professionals (Nornickel’s Sustainability Report ranked in the Top 100).
- Global CIO Project of the Year Award (Nornickel R&D Digital Lab awarded for the Short Circuit Diagnostics During Electrolysis project);
- MineDigital Competition, MINEX Russia 2019 (Nornickel Digital Lab awarded for the Conveyor Contaminant Identification and Smart Tailing Dump projects);
- First place and a gold award in the Business Transformation Category at SAP Quality Awards 2019 in the CIS region for rolling out SAP ERP across operations in the Norilsk Industrial District;
- Fourth International SAP Metals and Mining Summit (award for the First Master Data Management Innovation);
- Digital Pyramid award in the Chief Digital Officer (CDO) category;
- 47th International Exhibition of Inventions Geneva (first places taken by the winners of Nornickel’s young inventors competition I Make 2018 from Dudinka and Niсkel).
Awards of the Group companies
- Fifth Russian Hospitality Awards (Zapolyarye Health Resort named Best Medical Hotel 2018);
- Another champion title in the EuroLeague (top-tier European professional basketball club competition) won by CSKA Basketball Club.